Router is layer 3 switch. It used for routing.
To Set Banner on Router:
- Router# configure terminal
- Router(config)# banner motd # Welcome To You #
- Router(config)# exit
- Router# exit
Welcome To You
Password recovery is used to recover the password.
Note: the default registry value is “0x2102” remember.
Turn off the router
Turn on the router
Press Ctrl + page Break to enter
Rommon1> confreg 0x2141
Router# conf terminal
Change or remove the password from console, privilege and vty mode
Router(conf)# configure-register 0x2102
Router# write mem to save the configuration
Interfaces of Router:
- Ethernet 0 or Fast Ethernet 0/0: this port is used to connect LAN through GJ-45 Straight cable.
- AUI (Attachment Unit Interface): it is used to connect LAN. Transceivers and straight cable is used for connecting LAN.
- Serial 0. 1: Serial 0 and Serial 1 is used to connect Router or External Modem with Router. V.35 Cable is used for connecting.
- Console port: Console port is used for configuration.
- Static routing table
- Dynamic routing table
In Static routing the network administrator hand type the path for routing.
And in Dynamic routing a protocol on one router communicates with same protocol on another router to select path.
For Dynamic routing the following routing protocol is used.
- Distance Vector routing protocol
- Link state routing protocol
- Hybrid routing protocol
Distance Vector Routing Protocol:
Distance vector routing protocol work on Hope (no of Router) count method. It will select that path on which less no of router laying in the way to reach the destination.
Distance vector routing protocol are:
RIP RIP v2 and IGRP
Link state routing protocol:
It selects that path which is more reliable and have more band width. It also works on the selection of the shortest path to the destination not on number of router count.
Link state routing protocol is:
Hybrid routing protocol:
Hybrid routing protocol work on both distance vector and link state. It also selects the shortest path and also number of hope router).